*affiliate links are used in this post*
Next up in my holiday gift guide series is a gift guide designed just for the artsy kid. As a child, my parents always tried to incorporate whatever we were passionate about into our Christmas gifts. During my work with kids, I found that providing opportunities for them to explore their interests and foster their passions is a sure-fire way to keep them engaged for long periods of time. Engaged kids are happy kids (and happy parents!)
I recently had a request to focus on gifts for children who are really into all things art. We have many of these products and I can tell you they are such great purchases!
- Lakeshore No-Spill Paint CupsOB-SESSED! You guys, these are a dream for little kids learning how to navigate paint brushes. They also coordinate almost-perfectly with the Crayola paint use.
- Lakeshore Nylon Bristles Paint BrushesPerfect for little hands, coorindate with the paint cups and paint colors.
- Crayola Kids’ PaintI buy this paint at least once a month. The colors are vibrant and the paint is easy to clean up with water or wipes. All but one colors coordinate with the paint cups and brushes.
- Melissa & Doug Artist SmockThis is just too cute. I currently have cloth smocks for the kids, but this easy-to-wash smock is absolutely next on my list.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Standing Art EaselWyatt received this as a birthday gift from my parents for his art-themed first birthday. As you know, I love all things by Melissa & Doug thanks to the quality and durability. The kids in my home daycare love to stand at the easel and create their artwork. Walmart seems to carry this item for significantly less than other retailers.
- Melissa & Doug Easel Paper RollsThis paper is customized to fit the easel!
- Melissa & Doug Drop ClothI do not own this but intend to purchase! Although the paint I use is fully kid-proof, it is fast drying. Protect your floors and reduce scrubbing? Sign me up!
- doodle placemat to go by eat sleep doodleThese are so fun for older children. They draw, doodle, write and sketch then the marker easily washes off to reuse…less waste and more fun!