I’m backkkk! I took a much needed break this past week to just unplug and recharge while spending time with my family. I’ll post more in my monthly motherhood update in a few weeks, but Wyatt has hit the huge milestone of finally sleeping the full night! He transitioned to his big boy bed. I’ve been catching up on zzz’s and savoring our last weeks of “just us” before the baby arrives. I also battled a brutal stomach bug this week so needless to say the break was just what I needed.
During my time off, the wheels were still turning and I am very excited about some new projects for 2017. I have collaborated with some of my favorite companies and am working on tons of pregnancy and delivery tips to share. I decided to join the masses and take on the Whole30 next month after baby arrives. This diet reset will be paired with a 30 day squat challenge to get this mama’s booty back. Now that the bug has passed, I will be incorporating many of the Whole30 elements into my diet for these final weeks of pregnancy.
I will be BIG on goal setting this year as I move into my new life as a mom of 2 boys under 2. Organization, me time, and multi-tasking will be huge. This year I am joining the other bloggers who choose one word to focus on in the new year. Rather than make a laundry list of resolutions that I probably already broke, I am chosing one word to guide me through 2017.
I will be focusing on LESS. I sat down an compiled a list of where I could cut back to be a more efficient version of myself.
I’ll be focusing on less:
- stuff (clothes I’ll never wear, beauty samples I won’t use, magazines I’ve already read, receipts, whatever). Clutter really brings me down, stresses me out, and gives me so many more things I have to do.
- excuses (specifically with exercise and meal planning.)
- bitching (specifically time spent complaining about things I CAN change.)
- doing things that don’t make me truly happy. I obviously know I have to adult and pay bills and do some boring grown up things. But, I like to make others happy, and sometimes that is at my own expense.
- sitting down. I took my Fitbit off months ago once the initial excitement phased out, but I would like to motivate myself to get moving more. Wyatt was a summer baby and we enjoyed our warm walks around the neighborhood. I know moving after the new baby will be a challenge so I want to find ways to get going.
- overthinking, especially with blogging. Since I rebranded, I put a lot of pressure on myself to try to stay current with trends and what I think my readers want to see. While that has its benefits, I want to make sure I am incorporating posts that speak to me as well.
- processed crap. Enter the Whole30. While I am not ready to commit fully because I know the crummy hospital food post delivery will throw me off, I plan on embracing many of its rules over the next 6 weeks. I purchased (affiliate links) the Whole30, the Whole30 Cookbook, and It Starts with Food to educate myself in the meantime. I also scooped up the Skinnytaste Meal Planner. I also purchased (not affiliate link – I just love this!) the 2017 Fit Planner by Blogilates. I’ll be sharing more on these tomorrow.
- seriousness. I used to have a really good sense of humor. Somewhere between my old teaching job that I quickly fell out of love with and becoming a mama bear, that carefree laugh-it-off attitude fell by the wayside. I’d like to bring that back.
I am making a goal to revist this word each month with an update as to how things are going. I’d love to hear your word for 2017. If you’ve picked one, share it in the comments with how you are using it to drive your goals this year.
Happy New Year All!