WOWZA – today I turn 32 While I savor (is there really any savoring after 25?!) the last few hours until my official birthday at 10:04pm, here are 32 random things about me on my 32nd birthday.
1. I hate lemon or any fruit in my water.
2. I’m really into cosmetic surgery and dermatology procedure videos. They are super gross but I love them! Aside from laser hair removal, I haven’t had anything done (yet!) but I have an obsession with before and after photos and videos.
3. I willingly delivered both of our sons without an epidural. I have a really high pain tolerance but the main reason is because I get claustrophobic when numb. I absolutely hate the feeling of being numb, and that alone freaked me out most about the thought of labor. The adrenaline rush of labor is like nothing else and both deliveries were some of the best experiences of my life.
4. There are very few movies I can rewatch and not be bored rewatching. Dirty Dancing never ever ever gets old. In fact the night I drafted this post in December I had a Dirty Dancing marathon going in the background. My other all time favorites are Grease, Elf, Christmas Vacation and Bridesmaids. I could watch Bridesmaids 100 times and still cry laugh over something new.
5. I prefer salty over sweet. If I do have something sweet, I love obnoxiously dark chocolate – like super dark chocolate Godiva truffles. Sea salt caramel extra dark truffles are my favorite.
6. I feel my best when I follow a paleo diet. My body doesn’t respond well to carby foods like pasta and bread, even though I could LIVE on pasta all day every day. And cheese is my favorite food group but my body (especially my skin) hates it. When I was 9 months pregnant with Linc I came down with the stomach bug so badly I had to go to the hospital. Since I was barely 6 weeks from my due date I knew I had to eat but everything made he feel ill and I was nervous I wouldn’t keep anything down. It was a few days after New Years and Whole30 was all the rage. Funny to say I never felt better than 9 months pregnant in January! I’m not 100% Paleo but I do feel best when I adhere to that lifestyle.
7. When it comes to music, I pretty much love it all. My favorite genres are country, dance music, pop, and 80’s rock. Some of my all-time favorite songs are Hungry Eyes, Animal from Def Leopard, Free Falling (but the John Mayer version – sorry Tom!), Crash from DMB. My other favorites change daily, but I get super excited when a great song comes on that I haven’t heard in awhile. Then I will play it on repeat and drive my husband crazy.
8. For some reason seafood, especially shellfish and tuna really skeeve me out. The exception to that is salmon. It’s actually one of my favorite foods, which is funny considering everyone tells me it’s one of the fishiest fish! Well done, crispy broiled with a side of haricot vert, risotto (not Paleo but well worth the splurge!) or roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I wish I liked ceviche because it’s really fun to say and sounds so fancy.
9. If I had a daughter my top choice for her name would be Everly Victoria.
10. The night of our first date I almost canceled with my now husband. That Friday I spent a good portion of the day at the vet with my dog Ella and I was not in the mood to go out. I was in such a funk, but my friends all said, “Go, he’s hot and you need to eat dinner!” Ella loved my parents so she canoodled with my dad and I wound up going to dinner with Ev. The rest is history.
11. Going in a hot air balloon is on my bucket list even though I am absolutely terrified of heights.
12. My dream job aside from full time blogging is to be a travel show host or food show host. The cool thing about blogging is I basically get to do both!
13. We have a purebred beagle named Cabo (named after our favorite vacation spot at the time.) She comes from a long line of hunting dogs. Our other pet is a cat Ev rescued shortly after we started dating. His name at the Humane Society was Spud and I kinda wish he kept it. Wyatt calls him “Nee Nees” and that’s pretty much all we call him now. Cabo and Bengal are best friends and have the weirdest codependent relationship you’ve ever seen between a cat and a dog.
14. I read magazines back to front. No idea why. If I find an article I like I will go to the beginning!
15. I have been to Paris twice and have yet to go up the Eiffel Tower. See #11 about fear of heights.
16. My favorite flowers are peonies, pink Gerber daisies, and pink roses.
17. Contrary to #16 I don’t have a favorite color.
18. I would love to see the Northern Lights in person.
19. I can’t believe I’m admitting this but I’m not a huge Michael Jackson fan. I know, I know. But I’ve never gotten into him!
20. Living anywhere other than Connecticut really doesn’t interest me although I do LOVE traveling. I look forward to the change of seasons, especially fall and early winter. Connecticut is such a great location – close to the beaches, close to the mountains, rural areas, busy downtown areas. Connecticut has the perfect balance of everything I enjoy location and weather-wise.
21. That being said, some day I would love a vacation home in Vermont – the snowier the location the better!
22. I’ve actually never been on skis before. As much as I would like to learn, I’m pretty sure the fear has already implanted itself and I doubt I’d be any good! Thanks to my husband I do love snowmobiling – and the fact I’m not strapped to two sticks going downhill on ice!
23. Speaking of adventurous activities, it is in fact possible to forget how to ride a bike. I am living proof!
24. My planner is life. Everyone teases me because it is basically my life line and I absolutely cannot function without it.
25. Meal prep and grocery shopping are actually things I love! I have my little Saturday routine where we have breakfast, and then I ship off to Starbucks, Trader Joe’s, and Target. Sometimes I sneak in the mall while I am up that way. Being first at Trader Joe’s when they open is actually fun This is how I know either A. I am officially old and a whole new level of boring or 2. Just insane
26. Goals – I feel like goals are essential to life and preventing boredom.
27. My friends and family tend to come to me with advice on any and every topic in the world and I love it. Psychology is actually a huge interest of mine and everyone tells me I should have gotten a degree in it. I would describe myself as exceptionally open minded and non judgmental. (Close mindedness and judgey people are 2 of my biggest pet peeves and I tend to avoid that at all costs.)
28. Although I’m the biggest baby known to man, I love Halloween. Maybe even as much as Christmas.
29. Probably the least paleo meal possible, homemade baked macaroni and cheese is my all time favorite food in the entire world.
30. My favorite wines are moscato and rose. So basic but so good!
31. I found out I was pregnant with Linc the week of Wyatt’s 1st birthday. 2 boys 2 and under is an absolute ZOO and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
32. 5 years from now I picture myself living in a rural part of CT on several acres in a large farmhouse. I definitely want chickens and maybe even a few other animals for the kids.
So there are 32 things about me on my 32nd birthday! I’d love to get to know YOU too! Tell me something random about yourself in the comments!